3/3/10

Oven Mitt Makeover

Last week I was in the check-out line at IKEA and I spotted these plain, white oven mitts and I thought, "I can spice those up a bit." So I bought one, and this is what I did with it:
Here's how I did it:
First, I sewed on a length of fabric about an inch and a half wide around the base of the mitt.
I stitched around the top and bottom of the strip.
Next, I ironed on some stitch witchery to red fabric and traced and cut my whimsical bird outline (backwards from the way I wanted it to face on the mitt).
Then, I ironed it onto my oven mitt, and hand stitched around the perimeter.
I added some buttons -- and it's finished :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute! I have a challenge for you--you should find out how to make the car seat covers for baby car seats/carriers, like these:

    http://www.giftbrand.com/img/prod/large/17552_ics8000.jpg

    ...and then show me how. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels