2/7/10

Modern Birdie Fabric Craft

I found this amazing picture on my friend Heather's blog. I LOVED it. With the fabric scraps I had, I made my own rendition that now sits on our fireplace mantle.


Here's how I did it:

First, I printed a picture of the birdie image, then I cut out the birdie.
I ironed on some steam-a-stitch/wonder under/stitch-witchery onto my red fabric, traced the birdie and cut.
Peeled back the steam-a-stitch and ironed onto the polka dot fabric. Then I zig-zag stitched around the edges.
I also cut out the little feathers for the tail and adhered them the same way with the steam-a-stitch and zig-zag stitch.
I cut out 3 circles (rough cut - not perfect circles - cuter that way) of differing sizes and just did a straight stitch around the circumference to make the "wing".
I sewed a button on for the eye, then mod-podge adhered the whole thing onto an 8x10 cut out of a cereal box so it would lay taught in the frame.
Super easy and fun!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, our Belle is being brilliant with talents she never knew she had! Bravo! We are so impressed with your creativity. Keep it up, sweetie! We want to see more of your creations on here!

    ReplyDelete

Labels